Sadly, our great city has experienced one of the worst outbreaks of COVID-19 in the world. We are all looking forward to the time when life gets back to normal, and we are all doing our part to protect our fellow New Yorkers to the extent possible as we gradually reopen. Would you like to know some details about how your dentist in Midtown is helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19? Your safety, and that of our entire community, is our top concern!
How Are You Feeling?
It has always been standard practice for dentists to ask their patients a few simple questions about their overall health before or during their appointments. Prior to the outbreak of COVID-19, the questions may have been fairly simple and rather broad. Now, though, as part of our commitment to being a safe dentist in NYC, we ask more detailed questions. In fact, we require patients to fill out a COVID-19 Patient Statement before they come into our office. The answers you put on the form will give us a fair idea of whether you may have contracted the disease.
When you arrive at our office for your appointment, we will further assess your health by conducting a contactless temperature check. We also use a pulse oximeter, which is a little device that we clip onto your finger. It measures heart rate and oxygen saturation.
Social distancing is one of the primary ways in which we can hinder the spread of COVID-19. We are facilitating social distancing by:
- Improving air quality. We utilize four different pieces of advanced technology to cycle and clean air throughout the entire office space.
- Setting up an online payment portal. No cash, checks, or credit cards will go back and forth between you and our team members.
- Providing online patient forms. By taking clipboards and pens out of the registration process, we minimize the amount of physical closeness between you and our team.
- Changing our waiting area. Fewer chairs in our waiting area, as well as the removal of magazines and other activities, make social distancing a practical reality.
- Seeing fewer patients. We are limiting the number of people in our office at any given time, and we are allowing extra time between patients so we can thoroughly clean our treatment areas.
As your dentist in Midtown, we are committed to keeping you safe and protecting our entire community during these uncertain times.
Drs. Boyd is a family-operated, multi-generational dental practice with five highly trained doctors on-staff. The services we offer range from basic preventive care to advanced procedures. If you would like to learn more about how we are fighting the spread of COVID-19, or you are ready to schedule an appointment, contact us at 212-755-9055.