There is a way to dramatically enhance your overall “look” without investing significant time or money in cosmetic treatments or plastic surgeries. Choosing to undergo professional teeth whitening in Midtown East is a great way to regain your youthful, confident appearance — in as little as one visit to your dentist’s office. Keep reading to learn more about how this treatment works, and how you can brighten your teeth to greet 2019 with a dazzling smile!
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
There are several ways to go about brightening your smile, from choosing a special toothpaste to brush with to placing whitestrips on your teeth every morning. But no method is as effective as what you can achieve when you partner with your dentist for a professional, in-office whitening treatment. This option works using a high powered gel that is applied to the surface of the teeth that show when you smile. When activated under a special light, the gel is able to break through the stains that live on top of and just under your exterior tooth enamel. In a little less than an hour, your smile can be brightened by up to eight shades — and those results can last for years with proper maintenance.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening offers a number of advantages for adults and older teens. Some of the most apparent include the following:
- The treatment is customized for your specific smile, minimizing risk of over-exposure or sensitivity
- One visit to the dentist is all it takes to significantly improve the appearance of the smile
- Professional teeth whitening treatments can remove even significant stains and discoloration
- Teeth whitening is a wonderful choice for perfecting a smile after completing orthodontic treatment
- The results can last for months or years or be quickly touched-up as needed
Meet the Practice
The Drs. Boyd practice was established in 1930 and they continue to be a team of excellent general and cosmetic dentists offering a tradition of excellence in dentistry. If you are interested in undergoing a cosmetic dentistry treatment in advance of the New Year or right at the start of January, do not hesitate to get in touch with your dentist in Midtown East. Call them today at (212) 755-9055.